Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-snap-1] Should include example from the demise of css-sticky-scrollbars (#4371)

From: Majid Valipour via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 14:42:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Note that I think to have the css-sticky-scrollbar functionality implementation need to re-snap after layout changes.

As far as I am aware no implementation is doing so correctly despite it being in the specification. Here is a [test page](https://snap.glitch.me/snap-after-layout.html) I created to show case this. Note that [`scroll-anchoring`](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-anchoring-1/) does emulate the re-snap behavior to some extent so I had to disable it to make the effect more pronounced. [Testing](https://snap.glitch.me/snap-after-layout.html ) this in Firefox and Chrome shows that no one is doing the correct thing yet.

Note that we are working toward implementing this in Blink ([bug](https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=866127)) but I cannot provide when that will land.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by majido
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4371#issuecomment-539546910 using your GitHub account