Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] How do media queries with calc() where it can be resolved early serialize? (#1968)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2019 20:17:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ok, that seemed to conflict with your quote above abut "math functions are simplified immediately at parse time as much as possible".

I was reading that as "calc() can go away too if possible" (that's a simplification we do at computed-value time). https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#calc-computed-value seems to imply that is a valid simplification. It'd be nice to clarify in the spec that dropping calc() at parse time is _not_ a valid simplification.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1968#issuecomment-538783910 using your GitHub account