Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Actually describe how/whether computed math functions are simplified from specified ones (#2245)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 22:23:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Over the last several commits, I've edited V&U 4 to properly handle all the new math functions.

* Math functions now form a "calculation tree" as their internal representation.
* Specified exactly how to parse a stream of component values into a calculation tree.
* Specified exactly how to simplify a calculation tree (in a way that *should*, if I've done things right, always result in a sum of simple numeric values when you feed it any old-style calc)
* Specified exactly when simplification happens (immediately upon parsing, and again at computed-value time and used-value time).
* Specified exactly how to serialize a math function and its calculation tree.

Please review <https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values/#calc-internal> and subsequent sections, and let me know if there are any problems!

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2245#issuecomment-538152169 using your GitHub account