Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-anchoring] [css-scroll-anchoring] What's the optimal viewing rect on the root scroller? (#4393)

From: Botond Ballo via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 17:16:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Note, this came up for us in the context of scroll anchoring, which [also uses](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-scroll-anchoring/#anchor-node-selection) the "optimal viewing region".

We have scoll anchoring choose an anchor node in the visual viewport, because otherwise content in the visual viewport could actually shift even as we keep a node that's inside the layout viewport (but outside the visual viewport) anchored.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by theres-waldo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4393#issuecomment-538039788 using your GitHub account