Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-anchoring] [css-scroll-anchoring] What's the optimal viewing rect on the root scroller? (#4393)

From: David Bokan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 08:29:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Erm, never mind my comment above, snapping the visual viewport makes quite a bit of sense.

I think your understanding in Blink is correct and the behavior is a bit inconsistent; Blink uses the layout viewport as the optimal viewing region (at least, scroll-padding and the like is resolved against it) but it scrolls the visual viewport when snapping.

 > If it should use the visual viewport, then scroll-padding should in theory resolve against that, rather than the layout viewport... right?

I think that'd be more intuitive, yes, but that means that zooming in and out would have to invalidate style, right?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bokand
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4393#issuecomment-537844295 using your GitHub account