Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow-4] Add scrollbar-gutter: none (#4501)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 05:38:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
For OS/Browsers with traditional / non-overlay scrollbars by default, are they capable of (and willing to) of switching to overlay if requested?

I expect some OS / UI toolkit may simply lack overlay scrollbars, and in OSes when overlay or not is a user setting (like macOS), there may be reluctance in displaying overlay scrollbars when the author asks for them if that contradicts the user settings.

I guess we could spec it so that support for this value is optional, and so that it is expect to be rejected at parse time (and by `@supports`) in browsers that won't actually do overlay scrollbars when asked.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4501#issuecomment-557769360 using your GitHub account