Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] Switch advanced attr() to being var()-like (#4482)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 22:49:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> This makes me wonder whether there would be extra complexity to handle cycle involving both attr and var. Maybe not a difficulty spec-wise, but the implementation may need some refactor.

Yeah, I'd prefer to avoid this if possible.

> How does the sanitizer work against CSS variable? Or it doesn't matter?

I don't think it matters. If you're allowing CSS variables means that you're allowing `<style>` elements / `style` attributes, and then you may as well set `background-image` directly (without a variable).

The interesting case here is where you disallow styles, but end up injecting styles anyway due to an `attr()` function.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4482#issuecomment-555752621 using your GitHub account