[csswg-drafts] [css-values] Contradictory statements regarding allowability of ∞ (#4514)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:38:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Loirooriol has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-values] Contradictory statements regarding allowability of ∞ ==
According to https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-3/#numeric-ranges and https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#numeric-ranges,

But in https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#calc-range,

>  By definition, ±∞ are outside the allowed range for any property

This seems contradictory. If I understand correctly, the former quote means that infinity is theoretically allowed, but in practice it's not possible. The latter quote means that infinity is invalid both theoretically and in practice.

I prefer the latter, and replace things like `<integer [0,∞]>` with `<integer [0,∞)>` since  `∞ ∉ ℤ`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4514 using your GitHub account