Re: [csswg-drafts] [all] Feature detection for CSS property support on certain elements (#4498)

From: Mike Bremford via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2019 09:31:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd be a bit cautious here because of this sort of construct:

```html
 <svg>
  <foreignObject>
  </foreignObject>
 </svg>
```
Both `text-transform` and `font-family` are inheritable, the fact that only the latter applies to SVG elements shouldn't prevent both from inheriting through. That's how I understand it anyway. Also consider that CSS can apply to any namespace, not just HTML and SVG. Namespace-based magic is a bad idea IMHO.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by faceless2
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4498#issuecomment-551454958 using your GitHub account