Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-4] Should text-decoration-thickness make text-decoration-skip-ink skip more empty space? (#4493)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 20:50:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
When I implemented ink shipping originally, I implemented that behavior first. It turned out to:

1. Be too slow. It involved offscreen masking and stuff that was way slower than just drawing some lines
2. Leave little bits of underlines inside bowls of letters like lowercase g. These were too ugly to ship.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4493#issuecomment-551257774 using your GitHub account