Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Proposal to extend CSS font-optical-sizing (#4430)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 01:14:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I can't comment on other implementations. (I've been yelled at before by maintainers of those other implementations for doing so.) All implementations should follow the individual typographic conventions of the platforms they ship on, for each platform they ship on. Luckily, the platforms I work on share this typographical convention.

Matching the typographical conventions of the OS is a good thing, and is correct. It _should_ be difficult to achieve incorrect behavior in CSS. It's certainly possible to achieve incorrect behavior in CSS, both in general, and with `font-variation-settings`. I don't think we should be making it easier for authors to achieve incorrect behavior when they can already achieve it themselves using the existing facilities.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4430#issuecomment-549619496 using your GitHub account