Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Resolved values of grid-template-rows/columns don't round-trip (#4475)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 21:26:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There are a number of things people want to get out of grids that can't be reflected via properties right now, like where a particular item was positioned, etc. Someday we may offer APIs for those.

But sizing implicit tracks is a complicated issue that I don't want to try and define here.  Your use-case can be done by just adding padding to the grid container, btw. ^_^

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4475#issuecomment-548956659 using your GitHub account