Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow-3][css-overflow-4][css-box-3] A switch for bottom/right (end) overflow to not be scrollable contribution, like top/left (start) (#3953)

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 21:19:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> You mean like overflow: clip?

No, hence me mentioning

> regardless of used overflow or clip-path values.

I think what you're suggesting is use of some extra non-semantic wrapper inside the scroll container? Instead of something, on a scroll container, that can just make bottom edge crossing geometry, like a `margin-bottom:-100px`, not adding scrollable overflow, as a `margin-top:-100px` obviously can't add top scrollable overflow when crossing the top edge.

I can't use `overflow:clip` and have a scroll container, let alone any scrollable overflow. Separately, it seems like computing `overflow:clip` to `overflow:hidden` on `html` stunts possible paint optimizations?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3953#issuecomment-494977636 using your GitHub account