Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-5] Dynamic text size (#3708)

From: James Craig via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 07:01:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

In addition the points above made by @clshortfuse, here's a specific example where this would be used for more than just font size. iOS has a system-wide setting to enable bold text*, which is reflected in the system weight. I don't have a preference for system-font versus env(), but all aspects should be ideally be retained.

@clshortfuse wrote:

> ```css
> html {
>   font: system;
>   font-weight: initial;
> }
> ```

Aside FYI, resetting the user's preferred font weight may be an anti-pattern. Legally blind users and contrast-deficient users often enable this setting to increase text contrast to more perceivable levels.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cookiecrook
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3708#issuecomment-478317388 using your GitHub account