Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] text-transform's design, intent and reality resolution (#3775)

From: Alice via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 02:52:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I wouldn't be surprised if it were accidental, nor if it was the "implementation shortcut". If it is a conscious decision distinct form the implementation shortcut, I am really curious as to what the reasons are.

This is (as Brian said in his original post) a conscious decision.

I can't speak to the `full-size-kana` case, but please believe us when we say we have spoken with numerous screen reader users who are developers themselves and understand all the facts, and they have consistently said they want the transformed text exposed by the AT under all circumstances. That is working as intended, regardless of how anyone who doesn't use a screen reader or other AT full time may feel about it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by alice
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775#issuecomment-477846637 using your GitHub account