Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Add new CSS text-transform values for math (#3745)

From: James Teh via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 03:55:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> To me, this just means that braille terminals are capable of applying some styling, so they should look at CSS to decide what styling to apply.

That's what happens now. Braille terminals are not a browser. They are controlled by screen readers, which in turn get their information from browser accessibility APIs. And those APIs currently expose "text content". As explained in my previous comment, we expose "rendered" text because of `:before`, `:after`, list-style, etc.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jcsteh
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3745#issuecomment-476961928 using your GitHub account