Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] A question for the procedure to compute the resolved value of "line-height" (#3749)

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2019 03:42:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Happy to discuss what we can do for better web compat. The context was that, @joonghunpark wanted to contribute the change to Blink, but we didn't understand what the desired behavior is, hence he came here to ask.

Do other browsers match to WebKit? I read @litherum's explanation, and also @joonghunpark showed me the WebKit code. If this is what other browsers do, this is a simple fix, and fast to compute. We can try to see if we can safely change. This is not a used value though, so it maybe nice to update the spec.

If other browsers do it differently, we may need to discuss what is the desired behavior. I wish it be simple and fast since we need to compute it for `getComputedStyle` regardless author needs it or not, but I don't have other strong opinions.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3749#issuecomment-475104830 using your GitHub account