Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Reference selectors (#3714)

From: Brian Kardell via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 23:10:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Think of references as like inline styles, but parsed once even if the same rules are used on multiple elements. Inline styles can't style descendants.

Hmm, that's an interesting point of view and seems like a good analogy.  If we had done mixins would they have just been valid here automatically and we'd be done?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bkardell
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3714#issuecomment-474136237 using your GitHub account