Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-backgrounds] Add a 'hairline' border-width value (#3720)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 16:41:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I do think the supporting for fractional order px value … is more useful than we finally only can have a new hairline key word value

There's nothing stopping you from using a fractional px value for border width in CSS — it's just not guaranteed to snap to an even number of device pixels, and will therefore look bad on a screen with a different resolution than you designed it for.  If this is really important, however, you could use [media queries to check for the screen resolution](https://drafts.csswg.org/mediaqueries/#resolution).

The benefit of the keyword is that the browser would figure out the exact value required to get a crisp line.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3720#issuecomment-472954854 using your GitHub account