Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Please bring back scoped styles (#3547)

From: Benoît Rouleau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 00:46:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Note that your example would not do what you think it does; in addition to preventing any outside styles from leaking in, it also completely shuts down inheritance internally. That font-size and color you provide in that rule will only apply to direct text children of the element; if you use anything else (even an inline like em) the text inside will revert to the UA defaults.

Oops, you're right, I didn't think that `all: revert` through... Well to be honest I only added that to my example because it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I'm perfectly happy with styles leaking in too, as long as I can override them easily.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by benface
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3547#issuecomment-472236143 using your GitHub account