Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] The value of the fixed track sizing function doesn't seem to matter (#3706)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 23:07:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Exactly, https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid-1/#algo-init uses the value of fixed track sizing functions in order to set initial base sizes and growth limits. But https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid-1/#algo-content doesn't seem to care about the value of fixed track sizing functions, it references base sizes and growth limits instead.

So what I'm saying is that https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#algo-spanning-flex-items is overriding the track sizing function of some tracks, but not their base sizes nor growth limits. It's these base sizes and growth limits what will be used when doing the "repeat the previous step". The specific value of the overriding track sizing function won't be used anywhere, so it doesn't matter.

Since it doesn't matter it's fine if you want to leave it as "their current base size", I was just suggesting that the sentence can be simplified.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3706#issuecomment-469896096 using your GitHub account