Re: [w3c/csswg-drafts] Address typo in ellipse() syntax (#3618)

On Fri, 01 Mar 2019 09:47:44 -0800, Peter Linss wrote:

> Michael, frankly  the tone of  your comment was  rude and
> disrespectful if not outright abusive. IMO it was also in
> violation  of the  [W3C Code  of Ethics  and Professional
> Conduct](https://www.w3.org/Consortium/cepc/).
>
> If  I were  you  I'd  be grateful  that  there _isn't_  a
> readily  accessible record  of  your  behavior. Alan  was
> doing you a favor by  deleting it. But instead you choose
> to  double-down  and  suggest  that  demonstrating  being
> abusive is the way to get things done.
>
> This  is not  acceptable and  is  not the  way to  foster
> involvement in a community where many of the participants
> are volunteering  their time  uncompensated. You  have no
> right to demand action by anyone for any reason.
>
> Not all  input is  welcome, and silencing  disruptive and
> disrespectful input  actually does **more**  to encourage
> future contributions from people who  don't care to be at
> the receiving end of such behavior.
>
> Perhaps   you'd  benefit   from  reading   some  of   the
> educational materials  of the [Positive  Work Environment
> Task Force](https://www.w3.org/Consortium/pwe/#Education).

Let's review:

  * My simple, neutral, impersonal comment about a
    process was deleted.

  * I  was  personally   accused  of  having  been
    rude,  disrespectful,   abusive,  off-putting,
    ignorant, and possibly incorrigible.

  * I  was then  denied  a  right of reply;  I was
    institutionally barred from responding on GitHub.

These reactions have been shockingly authoritarian. At best,
they assume bad faith,  and at worst they are based on straw
men.

I  never  demanded anything from anyone.  Ironically, others
are demanding that I keep quiet, or that I feel shame.

By deleting my comment,  one  makes it nearly impossible for
others to draw any conclusion other than that which has been
defined by those who have the authority bits.

My comment was this:

  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-archive/2019Feb/0735.html

  If it takes more than 23  days for someone to resolve this
  pull  request, then  there  is  something objectively  and
  indisputably wrong with the review process.

  It has taken more than 23 days.

I stand by it.  The severe and inexplicable indignation that
it has provoked is perhaps evidence of its merit.

Sincerely,
Michael Witten