Re: [csswg-drafts] Allowing (or not) alternate ellipsis behavior for block-overflow (#2905)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2019 22:51:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The preferred behavior has been merged in (See https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/3263). However, as have left the allowance for the alternative behavior, with a clarifying note saying that this is less preferred, and may be removed in later levels.

The reason for keeping it is that as Mozilla is looking at implementing this, @heycam said he prefered to do the visual replacement behavior in the initial phase, to avoid blocking the whole feature on a relatively minor part of it.

In the long run, I believe we all agree as to what the desirable behavior is, so this is just a question of whether we allow ourselves to take some shortcuts initially or not.

Agenda+ to confirm

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2905#issuecomment-468838594 using your GitHub account