Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overscroll-behavior] Control behavior based upon user scrollability and for chaining/bubbling up from elements not being at a scroll boundary, like the supported of overscroll of overflow:hidden elements not at scroll boundary (#3349)

From: Anders Kaseorg via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 00:56:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> If two completely independent scrollers sit side by side, I’ve simply not nested one in the other.

That doesn’t work for the modal dialog case, where we want to inhibit scrolling of the entire page (regardless of whether something in the modal can scroll or not), and “not nesting the dialog inside the entire page” is not a thing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andersk
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3349#issuecomment-502903634 using your GitHub account