Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Unprefix 'appearance' and/or make the spec web-compatible (#3024)

From: jugglinmike via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 00:19:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
CSS Cascading and Inheritance defines the term "[legacy name alias](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-cascade-4/#legacy-name-alias)" as follows:

I can't tell if `-webkit-appearance` qualifies in our latest design. I suspect that it does, so [I've submitted some tests to the web-platform-tests project](https://github.com/web-platform-tests/wpt/pull/17218), but it would be helpful if anyone following along could verify this. @frivoal [called out the novelty of this solution](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3024#issuecomment-421236310). Does that warrant a modification to the definition of "legacy name alias"?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jugglinmike
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3024#issuecomment-499715346 using your GitHub account