Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images-4] Animations should be allowed on linear/radial gradients (#3783)

From: Axel D. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:43:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Wouldn't this (I'm quoting your phrase now) "certain type of image" be a _vector_ image in contrast to _raster_ images?

Probably only a certain fraction of vector images may be able to be faded - vector images sharing the same number of primitives, for instance.

There are algorithms available that morph different primitive shapes into each other. A circle, for instance, can be morphed into a hexagon. I guess the same applies to fill/pen brushes, too (as we can see from the Internet Explorer rendering above).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SetTrend
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3783#issuecomment-516046484 using your GitHub account