Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] {element, elements, nodes}FromPoint but without restricting to the viewport clip? (#4122)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 15:48:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Without further context, I'm fine with the idea. It does mean you have to run full layout outside of the viewport, which is something we're trying to allow skipping in some circumstances (a sufficiently `contain`'d element, for example).

Can you explain how this helps the cited use-case, tho? I don't quite understand how eFP() working outside the viewport would help them determine whether an element is visible.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4122#issuecomment-512339404 using your GitHub account