Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] system-ui-serif, system-ui-monospaced, and system-ui-rounded (#4107)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 15:46:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> When would you use system-ui-serif instead of serif?

When you wanted New York instead of Times. Times has been baked into the Web Platform for so long, we effectively can’t change the serif - Times mapping.

We also don’t want to automatically opt a bunch of websites into using New York because it is intended to be used selectively in new content. It isn’t a document font that is supposed to be used everywhere.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4107#issuecomment-511131945 using your GitHub account