Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Initial value of counter-increment needs to be something different from none (#3686)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 23:20:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I prefer (A) since it's simpler than (C).  I don't really see any benefit of (C) that warrants the added complexity.
(B) seems tricky to implement since `<li value=N>` would need to be mapped to `counter-set:list-item N; counter-increment:list-item INC` where `INC` is ±1 depending on the `reversed` attribute of the nearest `ul/ol/menu` ancestor, which looks difficult to compute for us at the point where we map attributes to style.  Also, the final computed value will be `counter-increment:list-item -1 list-item 1` in that case which looks weird.

Fwiw, I implemented (A) and it was fairly straight-forward.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3686#issuecomment-468479097 using your GitHub account