Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] String concatentation (#542)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 19:31:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@kizu
I think the grid template use case would work with what we decided. If you use a non-string inside the function, it gets converted to a string based on its serialized value. The serialization of an ident is its character sequence.  And it would definitely apply in any function that accepts a string data type.

Converting a string to a non-string (string to ident, string to parsed number or length) would be a separate issue. But I agree that adding a general parse function for that case is tied in with the unimplemented second parameter to `attr`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/542#issuecomment-467998596 using your GitHub account