Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text][css-sizing] When to/not to include preserved trailing spaces (#3440)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 05:20:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not sure if I have a good understanding of what "allow-end" behavior is.

I means that the advance measure of any end-of-line preserved space that would fit the line if text-align was start need to be taken into account and continue to fit within the line with other alignments. those that don't fit the line don't count.
So
```
   |A_B____  |
```
gets right aligned as
```
   |  A_B____|
```
not
```
   |      A_B|____
```
and
```
   |A_B______|___
```
gets right aligned as
```
   |A_B______|___
```
not
```
   |      A_B|_________
```
or
```
A_B|_________|
```

For justification specifically, I believe the same logic would apply, so

So
```
|A_B____  |
```
would get justified as something like
```
```
not
```
```

However, currently, it seems to me that browsers just don't justify at all when white-space is pre-wrap, which I believe used to be required by CSS2.1 but no longer is.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3440#issuecomment-465865782 using your GitHub account