Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add pageZoomFactor to window interface (#3538)

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 10:50:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If you do want physical movement to mean the logical movement, maybe you have to use page zoom factor. But I would argue that "physical" movement is probaby a rather arbitrary measurement, would you want to also get user's DPI? Actually, probably a zoom-aware mouse DPI data would fit that usecase better?

For this case, I would suggest that, imagine you don't use pointer lock, and thus can still see the cursor on the screen. In that case, you would probably want to use a normalized position based on the width or height rather than the "physical" movement.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3538#issuecomment-464335835 using your GitHub account