Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] More shorthands, e.g. margin-start (#3651)

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2019 01:19:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If I ever want to set multiple offsets/edges to the same value, it's (almost always) either in the same axis or it's in all edges. It's rare where I've only wanted both start/end edges to have the same value, and even when, I don't think it's meaningful to have a shorthand for `-start` properties compared to when I equally rarely set the same value to adjacent start and end properties, such as `inset-inline-end` alongside `inset-block-start`. Simply, I don't think the starts and ends in opposing axes share much in common in most cases, unlike the axis shorthands, `-inline`/`-block`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3651#issuecomment-464268459 using your GitHub account