Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Make <label> elements reflect CSS pseudoclasses on associated form element (#397)

From: TUSF via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 00:30:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
As someone who's never worked on a layout engine, I have trouble understanding how this would add much more complexity. The argument against it I saw is that the engine would have to keep track of the element of the associated input. But UAs _already_ do this to some extent—a `<label>` is almost treated as an extension of its referenced input, allowing you to click a label to tick a checkbox or radio button.

To me, this feature just seems implied from the already present behavior, but perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by TUSF
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/397#issuecomment-462092482 using your GitHub account