Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view][css-position] Scrolling a sticky element into view should use normal flow position for sticky boxes (#1459)

From: David Millar via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2019 23:03:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree that scrolling to the normal-flow position seems like the least user-hostile option. I learned the hard way today that Safari on iOS 12.1.1 and Chrome 70.0.3538.67 will scroll the element into place in its current location. e.g. I can click a link to scroll down to a specific sticky header, but if the header is already stuck inside the view, no scrolling takes place.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by davmillar
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1459#issuecomment-461628676 using your GitHub account