Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] `line-break: anywhere` but normal breaking at spaces (#3561)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 07:19:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> As far I understand it, the new 'break-spaces' value already provides soft wrap opportunities around preserved spaces. What does this combination with line-break: anywhere provide ?

`line-break: anywhere` isn't just about spaces, but on the topic of spaces, it changes one thing of the behavior of `white-space:break-spaces`  when used together: `white-space:break-spaces` introduces break opportunities **after** every space. That means that between the last letter of a word and the first space, there isn't one.  If you add`line-break: anywhere`, then there is also a break opportunity there.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3561#issuecomment-460924070 using your GitHub account