Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add pageZoomFactor to window interface (#3538)

From: Priit Pirita via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 08:30:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
1) nope, we currently have decided to counteract. The reason is we render boxes which should be closable and there can be cases when box in zoomed page can grow too big and hide close button. Also we do not want our boxes to be rendered too small. The solution is to detect browser zoom and apply correction to our boxes keeping them visually constant, desired size.

2) I do not try to rely on zoom property, but to render content in iframe i *must* apply the equal zoom into iframe content. Otherwise main page content and iframe content are zoomed diferently.

3) Correct, browser zooming is like matrix transform, everything is scaled. But CSS zoom acts only for current window context.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atirip
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3538#issuecomment-460552498 using your GitHub account