Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] fit-content with indefinite percentage (#3585)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:15:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, I would like https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#valdef-grid-template-columns-fit-content to explain what to do with indefinite percentages, just like https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#valdef-grid-template-columns-length-percentage does.

If it's supposed to behave like `minmax(auto, max-content)`, explicitly say so. Seems the most reasonable, but e.g. `auto` could also make sense. I believe there is no difference in practice, since when the `align-content` and `justify-content` properties are used, the percentages should be definite. But it should be properly defined anyways.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3585#issuecomment-459900622 using your GitHub account