Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-counter-style] overriding symbolic counter styles. (#3584)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2019 22:09:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The reason is that, theoretically, once you implement @counter-style you can just move all your built-in counter styles to being defined by the UA style sheet. We include the minimum amount of magic names to allow us to do reasonable fallback, and otherwise assume that this is exactly what happens, so all the other styles can be overridden.

That said, I don't care and don't think it's important; if you want more disallowed names I'm okay with that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3584#issuecomment-459885191 using your GitHub account