Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] gray() function produces a warm, D50 white (#4622)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 18:24:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Sorry to say this in a way that is going to sound rude, but: what's your point here, Chris? ^_^

My points were twofold:

- its wrong, and undesirable, and doesn't give `rgb(100% 100% 100%)` at maximum
- it ties into an issue that I am about to open, based o technical feedback from the ICC, which is that the chromatic adaptation to D50 makes sense in a print, print proof, soft-proof environment but can, and should, be skipped in a primarily display-oriented environment where all the common spaces use a D65 media white.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4622#issuecomment-569530013 using your GitHub account