Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api] Inline styles for Highlight should apply on top of styles provided by ::highlight (#4588)

From: Sanket Joshi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2019 07:58:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd prefer to remove .style entirely for now because I think there's more work needed before CSSPseudoElement can be used with non-tree abiding pseudo elements, even just for styling. To be able to apply an 'inline' style to a highlight with `CSSPseudoElement.style`, we'll need to figure out a way to reference the pseudo or its owning element from the highlight. (Perhaps we'll need to define something like `Highlight.pseudo()`?) This is going to require some design that's probably better handled separately, either as part of css-pseudo, or as part of a future revision of this spec after CSSPseudoElement has made more progress.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by sanketj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4588#issuecomment-567830585 using your GitHub account