[csswg-drafts] [css-will-change] Better wording for <animateable-feature> (#4617)

From: Manuel Rego Casasnovas via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:44:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
mrego has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-will-change] Better wording for <animateable-feature> ==
The [syntax for `will-change` property is the following one](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-will-change/#will-change):
```
  Value: auto | <animateable-feature>#
```

However the definition of `<animateable-feature>` is quite broad, an excerpt:
> it indicates that the author expects to animate or change the property

So a [property like `contain` that is not animatable per spec](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-contain/#contain-property) is still considered part of these `<animateable-feature>` (see issue #4612).

I initially got confused about this, thinking that it shouldn't apply to `contain` because it was not animatable.
Could we find a better wording to avoid that kind of confusion? Or it was just me reading wrong the spec?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4617 using your GitHub account