Re: [csswg-drafts] [all] Feature detection for CSS property support on certain elements (#4498)

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2019 01:45:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It might not be particularly well defined for arbitrary property and their "apply to" rules, but I think the situation is probably better on HTML vs. SVG. There are many properties which have been introduced from SVG into HTML, and their support level varies, which is a real pain for authors to detect whether it's usable.

For the issue that this is not a simple parsing-level question, I think as far as we provide a way for detecting, web-platform tests may be added to check that browsers have one behavior or the other.

So I don't think it's really that bad.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4498#issuecomment-567292818 using your GitHub account