[csswg-drafts] [css-will-change] ambiguous phrasing (#4612)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 07:37:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
frivoal has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-will-change] ambiguous phrasing ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-will-change/#valdef-will-change-custom-ident has phrasing like (the parts between brackets change in the various related clauses):

> If any non-initial value of a property would [create a stacking context on the element], specifying that property in will-change must [create a stacking context on the element].

I think this use of *any* is ambiguous: if some but not all of the non-initial values of that property would do the thing mentioned, are we in the must case or not?

I suggest rephrasing to either:
- if all values other than the initial value of a property would…
- if at least one of the values other than the initial value of a property would…

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4612 using your GitHub account