Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby-1] ruby overhang control (#4492)

From: stantonma via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 19:10:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Summarizing the comments above, I think we have this:

Name | ruby-overhang
-- | --
Values | auto \| none
Initial | auto

Controls the overhang of the ruby annotation box on adjacent text to its corresponding ruby base box.

'auto'
- The UA determines whether to overhang the ruby annotation box

'none'
- The ruby annotation box must not overhang any adjacent boxes to its corresponding ruby base box.

This way the 'none' value covers overhang for mono/group as well as overhang within a jukugo ruby.

@macnmm is the JLTF ok to move forward with this? Kindle is ready to implement.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by stantonma
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4492#issuecomment-566705638 using your GitHub account