Re: [csswg-drafts] [resize-observer] Does not observe changes to the most important size (#4583)

From: bobOnGitHub via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 17:10:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol Cheers for that !

Yes, if I'd followed the link to the content-area definition I would have seen padding was not included. However, I didn't.

I was already under the mistaken impression client area was the same as content area when I encountered the issue described (in Chrome) which supported that impression.  ie. While observing content-box size changes Chrome reports a change (in some cases) for client area but not (in some cases) for content-area.

You can see it in [this fiddle](https://jsfiddle.net/bobajsf/h8btsfy1/) for examples A and B.
(Though in light of your comment, having investigated further, example C rules out my original interpretation and suggests something amiss)

Everything is as expected in Firefox but looks like a bug in Chrome 78 and 79 at least.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bobOnGitHub
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4583#issuecomment-565827813 using your GitHub account