Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Should we start a registry for additional generic fonts? (#4566)

From: c933103 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:11:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Wait a moment, according to my limited understanding  famgsong and nastaliq seems to be something totally different?
For things like Nastaliq for arabic script, Fraktur for latin script, Small seal script for han script, they all seems to be different writing system variants of the same family. It will probably be better to handle them with the help of ISO 15924 where some of them are either already registered or will probably be eligible to register in there.
On the other hand, for things like Fangsong for Chinese, Kaiti for Chinese, or Marugothic for Japanese, they will probably be more appropriate for font family registry.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by c933103
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4566#issuecomment-564025653 using your GitHub account