Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] system-ui-serif, system-ui-monospaced, and system-ui-rounded (#4107)

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 20:25:50 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don’t agree that what authors want is to by name for whatever the exact font is today. From what we heard on the call, they want to ask for the system U.I. Serif font, and today get whatever that font is, and tomorrow get whatever it is then.

That said, `-apple-ui-*` might make a certain amount of sense, if it is truly not sure that will ever be meaningful on non-Apple platforms, other than possibly as an alias of a more general `system-ui`. But even in Firefox and Chrome, they might still want to get the right font with it in their Mac versions (thus `-apple-` instead of `-webkit-`).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4107#issuecomment-525908374 using your GitHub account