Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Make `table-caption` and `table-cell` <display-outside> values (#3940)

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:44:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sounds fair. Happy to support your proposed change, with that justification in mind.

I would still point out that `vertical-align` has interesting interactions with `table-cell` that assume that it's `display-inside` is a `flow` so I would not be pushing too much to allow to change this, except if everyone is on-board.

For `table-caption` I see no reason not to implement the change, it seems like an improvement without downside to me. That part should be straightforward to resolve on.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3940#issuecomment-525203796 using your GitHub account