Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Make `table-caption` and `table-cell` <display-outside> values (#3940)

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 20:01:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@MatsPalmgren Thanks, you replied exactly clarifying the right thing! If I understand, your reasoning is that it's not useful for `table-row` to be an outside display because it couldn't have a paired `display-inside` anyway. That's a fair point. I guess in my opinion they are just `display-outside` values that force their `display-inside` value rather than `display-inside` values whose `display-outside` is irrelevant, but I guess both visions are possible and justifiable.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3940#issuecomment-525009015 using your GitHub account